Work Planning & Organisation
- Work on projects ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity, producing SMART briefs for technicians and providing clear advice when required.
- Ensure all engineering and design documentation is correctly produced in accordance with Spencer Group and client procedures and securely filed.
Implement any instructions given by his/her line manager.
Commercial and Risk
- Assist all other engineers within the company to achieve better commercial performance across all divisions.
- Design Engineers must ensure that the company’s commercial position is not compromised at any time during project or engineering package delivery. Full adherence is required to all company statutory financial controls and procedures, and also any project specific procedures that may be required under the Contract.
- Working within the company’s ISO9001:2008 quality systems, ensure all engineering and design deliverables meet the Contract’s requirements, including all appropriate contract specifications and quality plans.
- Manage safety by design, ensuring compliance with all legal and company procedures and work with a positive and proactive attitude to safety.
- To ensure all health and safety regulations, risk assessments and licences are fully complied with.
- Help maintain project specific quality plans.
- Take responsibility for work allocated
- Mentoring and coaching of junior engineers and technicians
- Help to develop and maintain good relationships within and outside the service with all stakeholders and service users
- Undertake all forms of contact on a daily basis including written correspondence, telephone correspondence and face-to-face contact on a range of subject areas
- Undertake site meetings and presentations
- Act as an ambassador for Spencer Group, always presenting the right image to existing and potential clients. Attend meetings and forums, representing the company
- Assist in the estimating of Design & Build work packages and development of proposals
- Have a practical knowledge of design to Eurocodes in Concrete, Steelwork, Masonry and Timber
- Competent use of one or more of the following StaadPro, Tekla Structures or Autodesk Robot
- Oral and written communication skills
- Prioritising projects and related tasks
- Risk Assessments, Health and Safety
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Problem solving
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Working to company and service based objectives
- Customer care
- Competent use of Microsoft IT systems – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Requirements and Qualifications
- Relevant professional Degree or vocational qualification.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer with ICE or IStructE.
- Previous experience within some or all of the following sectors: Rail, Energy, Industrial and General Construction
- Must be fully conversant with all current civil/structural and HSE legislation appropriate to civil and structural engineering, and have an understanding of quality systems to ISO 9001 standards