We are dedicated to promoting and celebrating Women in Engineering with the vision of increasing the amount of the women who are likely to choose to study or work in the engineering industry.
With great pay, a high number of vacancies and attractive prospects, careers in engineering present a wide variety of interesting and exciting roles.
Careers at Spencer Group
A career at Spencer Group is more than just a job, it’s about being a part of the family. Our people are our greatest asset and we recognise and reward this through fantastic wellbeing, benefits and development opportunities.
Working at Spencer is about being recognised as an individual for your skills and contribution whilst being supported within a high performing team and innovative organisation.
View our current vacancies by clicking here.
“I’ve learnt so much across so many disciplines and I’ve been given the chance to work on some major rail projects and on projects like Energy Works. I am now a certified CAD Technician, working towards being a Chartered Engineer. I love my job!”
– Courtney Harris, CAD Technician, Spencer Group
Apprentice of the Year 2016, Viking FM Cash for Kids Awards
Are you interested in a career in Engineering?
Use the form below to get in touch
Meet Some of Our Inspirational Women
Lucy Grierson, Systems Director, talks about her first day at Spencer Group, 25 years ago
Caitlin Padgett, Graduate Developer, talks about her role 5 months in and how the in-house software training modules are helping her to learn PHP
Kelly Bush, Design Manager, talks about her role and the opportunities she’s had over her 15 years at Spencer Group
Hannah Liddle, Site Engineer, talks about her perceptions of the engineering industry and a project in Kenya she would love to work on
Courtney Harris, CAD Technician, takes us through her Apprenticeship, to working on a local major project and winning Apprentice of the Year 2016
Caroline Johnson, Head of Resources, talks about her role and experiences with Spencer Group
- Understand what our business does, from the start through to project completion;
- Become more employable and gain a ‘foot-in-the-door’;
- Enjoy a job that’s tailored to suit you.
- Gain invaluable, hands-on experience;
- Develop new skills whilst earning your own money;
- Face real challenges and real responsibility.
- Have your own development programme to help you become a future business leader;
- Work on live projects;
- Receive close support from a network of professionals.