Title: Works Manager
Locations: Based on sites across the UK
Salary: Salary package dependent upon experience
An integral member of the site operations team who manages the team to support the effective and efficient running of the site throughout the delivery of a project.
- Coordination of site activities, including direction of labour, sub-contractors and operatives
- Ensuring correct labour, plant and materials are onsite to carry out the planned works, advising Project Manager of any shortfall in a timely manner
- Setting an example that promotes and results in a safe work culture and ensuring that all works are carried out in line with approved Task Briefings
- Ensuring the work done meets the specification, workmanship is of a high standard and the final product is of the correct quality.
- Ensuring the effective performance of direct reports
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and performance
Requirements and Qualifications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to apply good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Willingness to lead by example, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy. Prepared to go the extra mile.
- Ability to work safely under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met without compromising on quality.
- Pro-active nature
Qualification & Experience
- There are no formal qualifications required for this position; however, we would expect a minimum of at least 3 years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Sound knowledge base of general construction activities and construction practices
- Knowledge of a Rail environment and requirements would be advantageous but not essential