The SHEQ advisor is responsible for Assisting the SHEQ Manager, and supporting the SHEQ day to day operation for all works carried out and ensuring that all works are undertaken safely by the projects and in line with the company procedures.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsible for advising and supporting members of the operations team on SHEQ issues at a project level
- Undertaking risk assessments, identifying potential hazards, determining ways of reducing risks, assisting in the planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Management System requirements within SHEQ Department and provide the assistance to ensure that contents of all company procedures are known and understood by all staff
- Assist the SHEQ Manager in complying with all regulatory and client standards
- Support the management team in building the relationships with the client and the relevant safety authority
- Provide advice on current best practice for operations
- Assist the leadership team engender and embed an positive safety culture throughout the Company
- Ensure that regular reviews of plans, monitoring and taking action to ensure project deliverables are met
- Carry out site safety inspections to monitor the compliance on site to policies and procedures documenting non-conformances and helping to detail action plans ensuring close out
- Assist in the maintenance of company accreditations
- Perform and carry out other duties as instructed/ directed by the SHEQ Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven ability to build, develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Abel to set own high standards of performance and deliver desired results.
- Abel to make independent decisions within area of expertise, and take responsibility for work outcomes.
- Abel to think laterally and analyse and assess a range of information;
- Skilled in communicating, motivating and working with others.
- Self-confidence, maturity, and discipline
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal Safety Qualification (NEBOSH Certificate / Diploma)
- Environmental or Quality qualification desirable
- Internal auditor qualified in at least one discipline
- A minimum of 4 years of general SHEQ advisory experience
- Minimum of 2 years of specific SHEQ advisory experience within the rail industry preferred; with new build construction or maintenance and renewals experience;
- An understanding of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OSHAS18001