Location – Hull
Team – Commercial
Description of Role
As a Project Surveyor, you will be responsible for all aspects of commercial management of a project. Working closely with the project manager, you will ensure the commercial systems and processes are implemented to provide robust change and cost control on your project, thereby protecting the project margin.
- Carrying out detailed analysis of terms and conditions, proposing alternatives where risks are deemed too high, overseeing the subcontract quotation/analysis process and preparing bills of quantities
- Preparation of interim applications, submission to the Client’s team by the scheduled date, ensuring valuation certificates are issued on time and taking ownership of receiving payment in accordance with the contract
- The identification, measurement, evaluation and recovery of contract variations, and the identification of potential items where additional recovery of time and/ or money under the contract may be valid
- Notification to the project team of records required to substantiate additional payments and ensuring that records are being maintained
- Procurement of subcontractors and professional services on all projects and using a number of various standard documents
- Measurement, evaluation and agreement of claimed variations, and assessment of formal claims issued by subcontractors
- Producing payments and issuing associated notices to suppliers and subcontractors, including measurement of works executed and variations/ claims, to assess interim and final accounts
- Production and submission of weekly financial forecasts, including management of other commercial staff who are assisting in the process, and attendance at monthly forecast review meetings
- Maintaining awareness of the various standard forms of contract in current use
Requirements and Qualifications
- Negotiating and team-working skills and the ability to motivate and lead other commercial staff
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a busy and demanding environment
- Strong computer skills are required and experience of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and be able to relay complex information to a diverse range of people
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant 1:1 or 2:1 Degree (Hons) or HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
- Experience in the Construction/Engineering industry.
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar position.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is desirable.