As an Accounts Assistant Apprentice you will be expected to work as part of the Accounts team.
You will gain valuable experience in learning how a busy accounts department works.
You will work towards a Level 2 AAT Accountancy qualification as well as undertaking a Level 2/3 Accountancy/Finance Apprenticeship.
Your development will be well structured and geared towards you building a career with The Spencer Group.
As part of your apprenticeship you will learn to undertake the following tasks;
- Dealing with customer & supplier queries
- Ensuring all staff timesheets are submitted and posted into relevant systems
- Process any timesheets corrections/resubmissions
- Processing of all invoices/certificates and ensuring they are entered accurately in the line with company costing structures
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company approval and that all relevant authorisation is in place
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Updating and maintaining various databases and spreadsheets
- Using office equipment, such as printers, scanners and photocopiers
- Any ad hoc duties as required
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Strong numeracy and IT skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to be discreet and tactful
- Efficient and well organised
- Confident when using a computer and office equipment
Qualifications and experience
- Good GCSE grades A-C in Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Experience is desirable but not essential