West Anglia Outer Platforms
Spencer Group’s specialists have industry-leading knowledge of overhead line equipment (OLE or OHLE) and a wealth of experience in delivering overhead traction power for a wide range of UK rail projects. We were awarded the contract to extend platforms at five stations along the West Anglia Mainline, comprising extensive OLE and signalling works.
This project encompassed five stations: Cheshnut, Broxbourne, Sawbridgeworth, Stanstead Airport and Stanstead Montfitchet.
The scope of the works included:
- • Platform extensions – total 391m
- • Electrification and plant
- • Mechanical and electrical
- • Remodelling of existing OLE layout to suit new platforms and
- • Rationalised track configuration
- • Signalling installation, testing and commissioning
- • Telecoms
- • Permanent way
Spencer’s OHLE team worked in conjunction with our project team to enable OHLE switches to be changed in accordance with p-way design, and tied back into the infrastructure ahead of the civil and p-way works – all of which were delivered concurrently inside a possession period.