Port of Hull Paper Terminal
This new facility for ABP formed a strategic, marine terminal for the reception, storage and distribution of paper products at the Port of Hull. Spencer provided civil, structural, mechanical and EC&I Design and Build Services to deliver:
- • 36,000m2 new terminal building with 1,700m canopy
- • 160m extension to existing crane and conductor rails with 32,000m2 of new external paved areas.
- • Quay wall strengthening and construction of a new RoRO berth
- • Demolition of existing buildings on the site and refurbishment of 2 buildings including new doors and fire systems.
- • Associated power, lighting and fire systems for the new facility
Two weeks critical site time was saved through an innovative approach to construction of the dedicated RoRo (roll on roll off) berth through the use of a large element of pre-engineered and pre-cast components.