Port of Hull Biomass Facility
Constructed at the Port of Hull for Drax Power and ABP, Spencer provided civil, structural, mechanical, EC&I and rail design and build services to deliver:
- • 2no unloading hoppers capable of unloading 25t trucks in 5minutes onto a 250m, 600tph belt conveyor
- • 50m high, 3,000m3 slip-formed pellet silo (full train load)
- • Loading system which fills 25no 65t rail wagons in 38minutes
- • Atex rated Fire, Gas and Dust detection and suppression systems
- • 1.5km of new rail sidings and 0.5km of associated road infrastructure
The project was only the second of its type in the UK, following a similar facility at the Port of Tyne, also built by Spencer. These projects, plus another at Drax have enabled Spencer to build an industry leading capability for the storage and handling of alternative fuels.