Spencer Group are one of the UK’s leading control centre contractors and specialise in the renewal of line-side signalling equipment and integrated infrastructure. Our team also has experience in TPWS, AWS, UTX, signal structures, relay room rewiring, cabling and routing. All can be delivered as individual schemes or to complement integrated signalling solutions. We also have extensive in-house level crossing expertise.
Resource capabilities within Spencer includes principal designing capacity backed by a robust engineering team. In addition to the services below, the company undertakes a full GRIP 1-8 design and support function.
• In-house support across design installation testing and commissioning platforms
• Undertaking of signal scheme development
• Feasibility studies for new signal systems
• Provision of professional signalling design engineers on a consultancy basis to help Network Rail
• All types of level crossings detail design
• Level crossing surveys including ground plans and bespoke modifications to existing circuitry
• Signal sighting (Chair) and design representatives
• Design one-off bespoke interlocking solutions
• Production of complex signalling, detailed design and scheme deliverables
• Independent checking for all deliverables
Installation, Testing, Commissioning
Resource capabilities within Spencer include a capable and robust engineering and project management delivery team, providing the following services:
• Installation of new interlocking
• Modification and alteration of various types of interlocking, including a new Geographical ring
• Point conversions
• Level crossing upgrades and renewals
• Track circuit alterations and replacements
• Track protection warning systems (TPWS)
• Panel and remote control systems – alterations and renewals
• Power systems
• Processor based interlocking systems
• Correlation and survey works
• Management of signalling control interface suppliers
Flexibility has been Spencer’s strength as we are able to adapt our resource and delivery strategy to match the changing needs of the project as it progresses. By working with clients and partners, Spencer can offer a one-stop service, whilst maintaining its impartiality and professionalism between disciplines.
Spencer is confident that clients will appreciate the complete project management service now offered, affording its customers a turnkey solution at all.
Turnkey Signalling Solutions
Spencer has a wealth of experience in the design and replacement of single railway signals right through to designing a new complete complex signalling system. Equally at home providing design support for the repositioning of a signal through to a complete station remodelling, Spencer’s dedicated design team is capable of producing fully independent signalling designs from concept to completion.
Designs are produced for various signalling projects including complex detailed signalling design for interlocking changes, platform extensions, level crossings, new stations and depots. As an independent design team on a project, Spencer can help clients consider alternative options in the design of any new signalling system.
The approach offered by the experienced signal design team to deliver projects on time, safely and within budget, yet providing flexibility and innovative thinking, together with the continued investment the company is making in staff and technology, ensures Spencer is one of the forward thinking signalling design and testing companies in the UK.
Spencer provides experienced and knowledgeable management professionals who hold the key skills that its clients are interested in. This provides a credible basis for sustaining the current business and supporting future growth, which are supplemented by training and continuous professional development plans, providing sustainability to both the business and railway signalling industry. Regional focus is provided by Spencer’s Midlands Hub, in Stratford upon Avon, however further office locations in London, Hull and Glasgow provide the necessary nationwide coverage to service its client base.
As a design-lead organisation, we provide support to both our own projects and our partners. For design-specific enquiries and information, please visit our Design page.